Wednesday 3 June 2009

Jill Pendleton's Blog

....Elizabeth, daughter number 2 keeps nagging me to start blogging..... as if anyone wants to hear the ramblings of an almost 60 year old as she pontificates strongly about this that and the other, with a strong slant towards the Tourist Industry....



For anyone who doesn't know me I run the http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/ website. Why ?
That's a tough one to answer. But I love my website, and when I get complimentary e-mail such as this one yesterday....

My name is Debbie D**, and I live on Whidbey Island (in Washington state) in the U.S. My husband, 11 year-old son and I will be coming to visit Dartmoor this summer, and I just wanted you to know how helpful your easy-to-navigate website has been. Everything is very well designed and organized, and the photos are great - so colorful and inviting! You've done a terrific job.I also have a question for you - don't know if you handle enquiries like this - if not, just let me know. Anyway, we have two places we really like the look of for our stay, and both are available at the dates we want. ************************
*****would you mind giving me your impressions of these two places? I'd appreciate anything you think might be of interest.I'm not asking you to recommend one over the other - just need a little further guidance, if you're willing.
And once again, you have a really lovely website. Regards Debbie.


...then it gives me quite a buzz.


One thing I am struggling with at present, is that I have to build the website in Dreamweaver instead of Front Page (which having used it for over 10 years, I now know and love).

The home page should be in place by later tomorrow, when Martin, my new techy chap is with me.


I was hoping to show you a video of Rob (husband) taken today in a Dartmoor cafe at lunchtime. But that will have to wait for a day or two....





No comments:

Post a Comment