Tuesday 9 June 2009

Cooking by Compost

Just back in from the garden, where I have buried tonight's dinner deep in the compost.
Was chatting to my mate Chef (alias George) about the joys of hay boxes during the war and he had never heard of them !

When I was first married some 37 years ago soon, we didn't have any spare pennies and I can remember bringing a stew to the boil in my pressure cooker and leaving it for the day in my active heap.....
When George laughed and poured scorn on the idea, I offered to cook for them and have another go..........
So this morning, I chopped onions and carrots, added some lamb and seasoning, brought it all to the boil, and Rob has just helped me to inter the whole within a towel, wrapped in a plastic bag deep in the centre of our steamy compost. George and wife Linda are due around 7. I shall ask Rob to take a pic of me opening up 'the oven' and then take a pic of the results....
So WATCH THIS SPACE !!

BIG BROTHER carries on in predictable style. How completely loathsome the antics of the Cairon and Siavash once they were bona fide housemates. Their mutual adoration society is sickening.
On first sight Angel appeared to be someone I wouldn't spend time with, but how refreshing it was to hear her telling Siavash to stop swearing. It takes a brave person to object to any use of the 'F' word. I once asked a local lad not to use that language outside my shop on a sunny Sunday afternoon, and was rewarded with a mouthful of even worse.
Mind you the sight of her sucking a raw egg as the only sustenance she would accept was rather toe curling.

As usual there is so much to ponder on. Will the big egos, of which there are plenty survive the fellow housemates votes for long ? I for one hope not.
Just wait until some of the others realise the full extent of Freddie's (Halfwit's) wealth. That should make for interesting television.
-----

Back tomorrow with pix of the hay box experiment. HOPEFULLY !

Cheers Chaps

No comments:

Post a Comment