Wednesday 10 June 2009

Compost cooking result - poor


Egg all over face, the result of the compost cooking was only average. The meat was cooked, but only just, after being incarcerated for around 9 hours... Our guests kindly offered encouraging comments, but I might as well have just left it in the bottom of the aga, and known for sure that it would have been really yummy.
Not to worry, the rhubarb crumble made up some way towards the average main course.
the photo shows me taking the pan out of the compost when I was hoping for good things.....
If anything I think I should have let it all cook on the aga for longer before I committed it to the heap. I might give it another try - this time without a mention on the blog..

Our compost is really steamy at the moment, so I am surprised that it didn't do better.

Enough !

Elizabeth is flying home (here) today for a few nights. Jennifer collecting her from Exeter Airport.
To be able to fly from Norfolk in under an hour is far preferable to driving that awful journey across country for 6 or 7 hours. Money wise, for one person it is competitive. For two it immediately becomes an expensive exercise.
Much to talk about, as we are changing my websites over to Dreamweaver from Front Page.
Her having a much younger brain than me, I am hoping that she will sort me out big time.
She will be meeting Martin, our new techy guy, and no doubt they will talk website jargon.
It's just as well she comes home occasionally. Makes me do some serious housework. Her bed's made up, the room hoovered, and surfaces dusted. Beef mince is slowly cooking in the bottom oven in readiness for Cottage Pie a favourite for the girls. I shall be making another rhubarb crumble this affo. Just as well Rob happily eats whatever is presented to him.

BIG BROTHER I did watch the recorded BB late at night - that's how it gets me. The super egos are feeling comfortable. They have already found a weak link in Sree. Can't wait to hear the nominations. Wonder if they are coming today. If so, I won't be surprised to hear Angel's name a few times. The others might not have enough interest in anyone other than themselves to take time to like her. The girl with the pink Mohican haircut might be at risk too. Ooooh I can't wait.
I do miss the chance to hear the psychiatrist's opinions we used once to have. I have tried to find if they are on BBLB but no mention on their website. I have decided not to waste time watching BBLB this year. It's not the same since the departure of dear old Dermot O'Leary.

Nice and sunny here on Dartmoor today. The weatherman reckons that it is going to further improve by the weekend and then stay Summery for a while. GOOD - roll on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, Glad to see the blogging going well! Quite funny reading your thoughts on BB didnt realise you were a fan! The rhubarb crumble sounds delicious, it's my favourite :O)

    Glad all is well, love your blog!

    Take care
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire.....
    Rumour has it that you and W are on hols. Hope you are riding a donkey with your skirt tucked inside your knickers, a hole in the toe of your wet pumps, and an extra large '99' to hand....

    ReplyDelete