Friday 19 June 2009

Buns and Motorbikes







Just in the office for a couple of minutes... to upload this couple of pictures....
One of the visitors to my website last year wrote with an accommodation query, and looking at her website, I saw that she is a motor cyclist... called Betty. I got back to her asking if she knew the name of a biker on one of my shots that I took last year which which has a sheep on the road with a biker alongside.
She recently got back to me with another question as she will be bringing a group of fellow bikers to Dartmoor in the Summer and she was quizzing me as to where would be a good place for them all to breakfast.
This morning Betty and pals Ken, Keith, Neil called in for coffee and a bun when on their reccee (? spelling ?) of the Moor, making plans for the forthcoming outing.
I was invited to sit astride the bikes, and Betty has promised me a ride on the day of the big get together.
I've said I will borrow leathers in time for the jaunt. What I didn't tell Betty is that my daughter's leathers are about 3 sizes smaller than I am, so I shall have to lose a stone in order to squeeze into them.... so day 1 of the diet starts RIGHT HERE.
Drat. Just when I've got that tin of fruit buns to hand....
BIG BROTHER Eviction tonight. Of the 2 I would prefer to see the back of Cairon, but both condidates fall into the 'great unworthy class' don't they? I have a feeling that the Portugese boy might walk away with the dosh.

All for now Playmates -
as the great Arther Askey used to say. "Oh what a Glorious thing to be.... a healthy grown up busy busy bee....

1 comment:

  1. Jill-on-a-bike ... that we have to see!
    Speaking of Arthur Askey, when my parents had their first newspaper business in Rochdale in the late 1940s (before we all moved to Devon), one day a chap came in the shop and Mum thought it was Arthur. She didn't like to ask (no pun intended!), but when he left, the 10/- (ten shilling for those of you who are pre-decimal!) note he left had written on it, "Sincerely, Arthur Askey" ... she kept it for years, but eventually it was banked!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete