Sunday 4 April 2010

Hello Pip from Newlyn, nice to meet you !











Easter Saturday and Rob and I went off to take pictures at another of our self catering lets, this time in Manaton, in the changeover hours, when all is looking gorgeous and there are no guests in shot.
Soon to be shown on my http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/ website.
We promised ourselves lunch at the Dartmoor Tearooms in Moretonhampstead on our way home, and spied one young man there enjoying his lunch with absolute relish. At the end of the meal, the Mum picked up the cafe's Visitor's Book and searched for an entry that they made in it last year. She then mentioned to the boy that the cafe must have been closed for the Winter because of the clear space in the book. I confirmed this to be the case, and that the cafe had only just reopened last Wednesday 24th.
The woman told me that they were lucky indeed to find the place open having travelled up from Paignton by Royal Command of the son, who had enjoyed the food so much last year, (they all had) that this trip was on the top of their 'to do list' Turns out they live in Newlyn and run the Tolcarne Inn there. At the end of their meal, I asked the boy, Pip if he wouldn't mind stepping outside to have his picture taken for the website, and this is what you see above. Mum told me that this is definitely the best cafe food we have ever eaten, and it's just as good as last year. I asked her if I could quote her and she said "Oh yes, we give it the thumbs up don't we Pip ?" Asked to show me the thumbs up, Pip posed with just the one thumb, and then on second thoughts, decided that it deserved both hands....
And I agree with him. George has made just one or two changes to the menu, the main one to affect me is the introduction of some very tasty thin chips with home made mayo. Tricky for me to add now that I have typed, but I will maybe add it to my food review page in a day or two.
You can find the Dartmoor Tearoom's website on http://www.dartmoortearooms.co.uk/
Off out into the garden after lunch to make the most of this glorious sunshine. It's about time I sowed some purple sprouting seeds. Pictures of the results no doubt as they come through.
Happy Easter blog watchers !

No comments:

Post a Comment