Saturday 5 November 2011

A cauli to brag about and posh rooms for staycations


Never two weeks the same ! Meet Nigel, toastmaster from Lyme Regis.
He saw the new website that I built for the Talbot Arms and gave me a ring to talk money.
So in no time, he came over for me to take some pics and find out all I need to know to build him a website too.
This shot is taken at a kind neighbour's house, and shortly after we went the the Mill End Hotel for him to meet Sue Davies and use the hotel dining room for more shots. Quite useful as they are about to offer wedding packages. Networking in essence.
Sue's not daft ... Would you like to see the latest rooms to receive a makeover in the hotel Jill?

Well done Sue. She is slowly making her way through the hotel and bringing the bedrooms well up to scratch. This one above overlooks the front garden. Sumptuous new carpets, a top class bathroom. Warm as toast and squeaky clean.

This one is at the rear of the hotel, and what it doesn't have in view from the window it more than makes up for in pzzazz. I think I shall be adding it to my honeymoon pages, as it has enormous mirrored doors on the wardrobes, which newleyweds might well enjoy ! that and it's great new bathroom (below)

This really is the time to take a 'Staycation' Dartmoor is looking superbly beautiful as I type.

We had Nancy to stay overnight on Tuesday, so we took her down to the River with Topsy and the colours are stunning at the moment. Autumn on Dartmoor is a delight.

Later on Wednesday we drove Nancy back and had some quality cuddles with Elsie who is now getting around at speed with a sideways arm crawl. Both girls are a total joy to us.
Rob took Nancy to the toilet at home, insisting that she must need a wee by now ....
I had to smile, as I heard her, three years old telling him "Normally Grandad, I go to the toilet on my own, but you can come with me if you really want to " !!!!!!!

Something else cheering me up at the moment is my fine results in the veg garden with some Romanesque cauliflowers. Take a look. Not bad eh ? Surely it's time for me to give all this up so that I can spend my time ordering seeds and enjoying picnics in my greenhouse ?
Click a photo to see them all in full

No comments:

Post a Comment