Monday 4 April 2011

Google analytics - well worth installing

If you have a website and you have not organised Google analytics to be gathered from it then shame on you...... It's Monday morning and there are a dozen other things that I would rather be doing than sitting here checking e-mails, making yet another list of 'priority things to get out of the way today' but when I have a quick look at my online stats, numbers that cannot be challenged, and see that the site is by comparision, 65.96% up on the last 30 days figure for last year, it is like the best 10 out of 10 that any teacher can come up with..... Shows that my website is improving all the time, and doing the business. Maybe I should make a note to publish my comparison rate all the way through the year on the first of each month.... Maybe I should challenge others to do the same.... OOOh, that would put some cats amongst pigeons wouldn't it ? News is that with Government cuts, Tourist Informations are in the firing line.... I'm happy to tell you that my website www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk has NEVER received one penny of handouts from anyone. Ever. It's all my own work, which is why I can give you a totally BIASED opinion of what I think about any accommodation on my books. I don't have to stick to policy. I don't have to report to any committee. If I really like a place, then I am able to say so, and if I don't like a place, then they do not feature within my website. Simples..... Currently there are 2 accommodation providers who do not feature within my website ....... and they are most unlikely to be shown here until the present owners move out...... But 'other offices' shall we say, do not have the same choice as I do. They have to show what they are paid to show.... good or indifferent, because they have no means of saying no. All accommodation that is so called inspected falls into one bracket or another, and because they have been inspected, they are entitled to offer their premises to the general public.... Not on my website they don't !!!! And I think that's one of the reasons that my website improves year on year..... What do you think? Comments most welcome. Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment