Thursday 6 May 2010

Boldventure B&B or self catering well off the beaten track







If you really want to find a quiet away from it all bolthole on Dartmoor, then look no further than Boldventure about 3 miles out of Chagford close to the Mariner's Way and peaceful as can be. With far reaching views and soon to have a carpet of bluebells in their own private woods at the back of the plot.
I will give you the web address which is www.bvdartmoor.com but tell you that it just does not do the place justice, so I have talked Dennis and Wendy King the owners into letting me build them a website to be proud of.
Jane and I went up to take preliminary pictures last Friday and I reminded myself of just how out of the way it all is. The drive up is a bit uneven, but well worth the climb because of the stunning far reaching views. I will go back in the better weather to take a panoramic shot that take in the whole of Chagford, Meldon and Natterdon, Haytor in the distance and Castle Drogo easily spotted.
As we walked into the main living room it was easy to take photos of the deer in the adjacent field. Wendy and Dennis are nature fans so you will see all the local birds and meet their pet pony and horse. They invite you to bring your own horse if you wish at a tiny charge of £5 per day and they are the sort of folks that will feed them if you are out late in the day.
The visitors book is full of comments about their kindness. will let you know when I have their new website ready to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment