Friday 13 November 2009


We were married for 37 years on Wednesday. Remembrance Day.
And feeling still very much the worst for wear with my frozen shoulder we
drove into Exeter first thing to celebrate with double eye tests !!
But on the way out we met up with this beautiful little chancer, who would not leave us alone. He insisted on walking in front of the car as we drove off up the drive, so much so that we had to stop and shoo him away from impending death. Do click on the photo to see his fabulous plumage close up. The more I shooed him away, the more he came back. I think that our neighbours are possibly feeding him, or if not that, then he is making the most of the fallings from their bird table, them being very keen birdfeeders, so he has become a regular feature around these parts......
...which is a bit of a worry for us with that monster of a terrier of ours Miss Topsy Whopsy who thinks that she rules the roost, and that anything that moves away from her at speed is fair game. She killed a pheasant within a week of us owning her 5 years ago, since when has finished off squirrels, mice and the odd rabbit. The last rabbit she came back with, I handed to the chef at the Sandy Park Inn.
This dandy chap will have to watch his back.











THANK YOU X to everyone who has e-mailed get well wishes to me. I am well on the mend. The steroid injection seems to be doing the trick. At least I can dress myself again. This has been a rotten year health wise for me, and now Rob is sporting a red dot in the middle of his forehead where Dr. Wood last week removed a (fortunately benign) thing.... plus a livid red eye from a burst blood vessel. I told him that if only he would wear an eye patch and a turban, then knowone would even notice.....












Note Rob in tidy get up as befits the day.
All for now playmates. - (I just loved Arthur Askey when I was about 13 )

No comments:

Post a Comment