Monday 2 November 2009

That Motor Bike ride ....


Finally - pictures of me riding pillion behind Martin, member of the DAM !
which is Devon Advanced Motorcyclists, who kindly offered to take me out on one of their jaunts over Dartmoor recently.
I loved every minute of the ride from Moretonhampstead, to Bovey, on up to Haytor and then Hound Tor to the Hounds of the Basketmeals van car park..... BRILLIANT !!! and then back down to Moreton.
I hadn't realised what a good vantage point the back of a large bike can offer.
All that fresh air and clear view to both sides is magical indeed. A thousand thanks to Betty Nott and Ken her husband for asking me out in the first place and thanks indeed to Martin for kindly offering me a seat. Betty once again for the loan of the leathers - how fortunate that she is more or less the same size and shape as I am!!


They are a great bunch of people. I took pictures of a charity bike ride they were part of earlier in the year.
I have offered them an invitation to a BBQ in the Spring by way of a thank you proper...







2 comments:

  1. Hey Jill, you were more than welcome it was great fun...any chance I could have my bike back now please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article Jill. It was a delight to see the look of joy on your face at half-time on the ride. Hope to be able to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete