Friday 5 February 2010

Devon Guild, white prams and faggots !











Would that I were loaded with dosh, then yesterday when I took pal June along to see the Paper Work exhibition which is currently showing at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen down at Bovey Tracy, then I would just have picked this gorgeous vase up off the shelf and said 'Yes, I'll have that thank you' Made by Amanda Popham. I took lots of pictures at the Guild and have added a few to my website http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/ on a seperate page http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/information/devon_guild_bovey_tracey.html
Sorry to have neglected the blog recently, but I have been busily adding Google maps to a great many pages on my site so that visitors will have an idea of what is available in given locations. Click onto http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/accommodation/towns_chagford_map.html to see what I have been up to. It is tiring work but rewarding.
More people are joining the site and I plan to expand it with hundreds of up to the minute pictures as the season develops.
Rob is off in Norfolk helping Elizabeth with her soon to be new home. He's hanging new doors and sorting out cooker points (yes 2) painting and decorating, and on his way home he is collecting over 60 trees to bring back to a local tree nursery. Oh and he took a white pram with him on the journey up, as one of our pals had sold it on e-bay to a woman in Lincolnshire.
Funny story that. I think she must have been very new to e-bay and very keen to buy the pram because she bid over £200 for the pram and told her husband all about the bargain when he got home that night.... and he asked 'Where is it coming from ?'
'Oh, I don't know' says she. And it was only when he drew her attention to the postage details did they realise it said for collection only. Good job Rob was able to take it most of it's way there.
Just time to tell you that I uploaded my latest food review yesterday. Click http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/food/food_reviews_2010.html to follow the link.Talking of which it's well past lunchtime.
Cheers Chicks x

No comments:

Post a Comment