Wednesday 27 January 2010

Magnetic letters on a birthday cake.

Jennifer asked me to make a cake for Nancy's second birthday party and of course I left it very much to the last minute... Firday evening for a party on the Saturday morning 10 to 12. Apparently that's a good time for kids these days to hold a party. In my day of being a party Mum it was 3 o'clock arrive 6 o'clock leave, but no matter. I'm constantly aware of the fact that I am out of touch with modern day child rearing.....
Anyway anyway. I didn't have any of those little plastic 'Happy Birthday' adornments for the top of the cake when I looked into
my cake decoration box at close on midnight, so I pinched a few magnetic letters off the fridge and a number 2 for the top with some only used once pink cake candles and wrapped the whole thing in some left over red ribbon that we'd had at Christmas.
Nancy herself didn't notice the Yuletide overtones and as she and Bethan, fellow 2 year old hostess blew out candles on their respective cake, I was quite satisfied with my effort.
One of the pictures - out of about 70 I took at the party was of Bethan and her Mum and Dad, Caroline and Richard. I'v printed a copy off for them and think it will look good as a sepia or black and white shot. So I will add it to my own website http://www.jillpendleton.co.uk/ in the next day or 2 when I have a minute.

It's all go at the moment. It has taken me an age to get my head around installing Google maps, and with my 100+ page website for http://www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk/ I have had to construct over 20 different maps showing stuff on each town page, and a page of just B&B's and just self caterings etc. But now if you asked me I can tell you how to add pins to the map and how to fill in the information 'speech bubble' without too much difficulty. I am adding petrol station around Dartmoor as I go along. Anything to add interest to my website.

I can't wait for the better weather to begin as I shall be off over the Moor visiting all our accommodation providers and making sure that the prices on my pages are up to date.
There are pictures to take seemingly at every corner. Nights are drawing out some now and it's almost sunny this afternoon, so hopefully as we reach February the days will be more pleasant...

BUT this is something I say every single year and every year we reach the middle of February and I think - this is a cruel month. Why do I stupidly expect any better ?
Never mind, they say that the recession is drawing to a close in the News .....

We shall see won't we ?

Oh well, on with the Motley.


As Jimmy Clitheroe used to say "Tarraah"

No comments:

Post a Comment