Monday 11 January 2010

video of our garden in the snow








Rob made me walk into Chagford on Saturday.
On normal days this is no big deal but as you see on the picture above, the snow was very much still apparent.
If you have never seen Peter Randall-Page's 'Granite Song' on the small island in the River Teign, it's worth seeking out. So here is the map reference for it. SX 711 891
During the good weather it looks like a split open brain, or walnut. Two halves rent apart.
I have often drawn people's attention to it if I am there, as it's very easy to miss, but folks are mystified by it once they spot it. On Saturday, the dusting of snow added a further mysterious layer. Impossible for me not to lift the camera.
The main reason for the Chagford visit was to wish Colin and Phill Good Luck in the future, Saturday being the last day that they held the reins at the Old Forge in Chagford. They have been in charge of over 4 years and I have been running their website during that time.
New incumbents are a local family, and as I shall be taking pictures soon for the new updated website to be, I shall leave you dangling in the air as to their identity, but I will tell you that it is to be called the New Forge from the end of January on.

The bowl of soup is one I put together from bits and pieces in the fridge. Made a giant pressure cooker full and it lasted 3 lunchtimes. What with that and a game of Scrabble, who wouldn't look forward to lunch ?

And how about the diet ? I hear you ask. Well I have lost just 4 lbs to date, so not too bad. Smaller portions and a little more exercise seems to be doing the job. But I do seem to be thinking about food more than usual. When I got on the scales at the start I was a hefty 10 stones 13 pounds, perilously close to that embarrassing 11 stone readout. Already I don't feel quite so stodgy, but there's a long way to go yet. If only every tv programme didn't show folks stuffing their faces with food every 2 minutes. ......
We watched the American thriller comedy Midnight run with the smashing Robert De Niro in last week. Brilliant, but they must have filmed in at least 5 diners which under normal circs - when I'm not food restricted, I wouldn't even notice....
This is the link to click if you would like to have a look at the video I made for my niece in Australia to see our snow in the garden on January 6th.
I'm just off out with the dog now as the light is fading. Surely walking through this snow burns up more calories than without it.... ? Just donning all the layers of clothing must take up more than usual ?
Hey ho ........
I'm outdda here.

No comments:

Post a Comment