Friday 26 February 2010

Faces, my favourite subject





It's been a great week for faces.....
My favourite subject...

The 2 girls at the top of the page asked me to take some pictures of heads and shoulders, which are not the ones shown here, for their website. But when I got home and saw the results onscreen of Holly (left) I had to see what she would look like in black and white. Her dramatic mane of cascading curls look great in greyscale, and Susie's picture pleases me enormously.
Do click it to see it larger than shown here.
The composition is great. She sits just off centre with the framed pictures on the right of the picture adding to the story. Her gaze is fully aligned to the camera and she is engaged with what is going on. The smile is 100% natural, her hands are not posed, just placed. The folds of her sweater add a relaxed note and her legs at the hem just finish the shot off nicely. In colour it is mellow snuff and grey colours with her hair golden. Black and white makes her stand out from the background and I love her air of stillness.

These 2 pictures are of Matt the landlord at the Sandy Park Inn. He will be performing at Chagstock later on in the year and he needed some fresh publicity shots. To make him relaxed I asked him to play to me, and got the bonus of him singing a sweet song that he had written for his baby son Gulliver.
Chagstock will be on in July. See
http://www.chagstock.info/chagstock-festival-line-up.htm for more.
The child picture at the top of this blog is the totally scrumptious Nancy. Who is already 2.
How dare she grow up so quickly. I will be an old crone in no time at this rate.
I shall be babysitting her over this weekend whilst Rob helps Ben (adorable son in law) to lay slabs on the new patio to be.
Can't wait !!




No comments:

Post a Comment