Tuesday 9 March 2010

Norfolk gives me a bad back !







I should have known better really. I've got an iffy back, and when Rob needed to go and help Elizabeth with things in Norfolk, I should have done the sensible thing and stayed here. But, any Mum will tell you that when you don't see your kids as often as you would wish, your own common sense gets ignored - at my peril !
From Devon to Norfolk by road. There's no easy way. And we've tried them all. Every one is a 6 hour slog.
Elizabeth is almost in her new home and office set up, but it has been a rocky ride with an inept plumber and a not 100% committed builder on site. Maybe they took advantage of her, knowing that she couldn't possibly know the real cost of things, how long it would take to replaster etc. who knows? But one thing is for sure. She sure as hell needed Daddy to sort her out BIG TIME. The next time she takes on a building project it had better be within easy reach of Rob, or else I shall throw my rattle right out of the pram....
She had some photography work for me to tackle and the lady behind the bar is Cheryl at the Crown Inn that E is building a website for. The mat bowl and candle in front of a swimming pool is likewise a website build for the Shining Tree near to where E lives. I was offered a dip in the pool and maybe I should have taken it. As it was when we retuned back to the office I was in agony with my back - maybe from kicking/pushing a walking machine into better light for a shot ...
So from then on I was bent over like a 90 year old rice planter wishing I hadn't got the journey home to contend with. Add to that the fact that we were scheduled to collect 40 five foot trees from a Norfolk tree grower for the folks at Stone Lane Gardens and Arboretum in Chagford, which we knew would take up the major space in the car. Rob had taken out the back seats in order to house the trees, so on the way home, knowing that I would be best off in the lying position bless him he dropped the passenger seat right back, packed out the footwell and stretchered me back. It's a bizarre thing lying down in a car and only being able to see the sky, tops of trees and the odd lorry driver picking his nose as we overtake his truck. Rob kindly plied me with fruit, sweets, drinks, chocolate, the papers and such, so that by the time we reached home my tight space looked like a space pod after a six week mission. And our lovely 7 foot wide bed was just like Shangri La ..... Pure Bliss....
And the white bust ? The beauty with the ringlets ? I took her picture at the auction in Chagford on Saturday. Where a bottle of Chateau Latour wine made £100 for church funds. I was there taking a pic for the Okehampton Times. What a shame that the buyer was absent.
Just as soon as the back is ready, I plan to visit all the accommodation providers on my website www.dartmooraccommodation.co.uk and take some up to date pictures of each place. The sun is shining and there are signs of Spring on the way ... Great Bring it on !

No comments:

Post a Comment