Tuesday 8 December 2009

Pink hair, re-cycled fashions and fun

I don't seem to have the knack of how to add pictures and keep them in line so - sorry folks.
If you didn't get along to the Jubilee Hall in Chagford last Friday then you missed a treat.
Proper Job our local re-cycle centre organised a fashion show using all garments that had been handed in to them.
If you have never been to visit Proper Job then you really should. It is packed with second hand goodies
from clothes, books, furniture, crockery, plumbing stuff and the like. I defy anyone not to find at least 2 things worth taking home.
Last time I was in there, I picked up a pair of shoes for Nancy, a tie which will be a Christmas present for one of our older pals and a work jumper for Rob.
Local girls became models for the night on Friday and a terrific job they did too including Alexis Bowater who appeared on the scene in a full length dark blue woollen coat, all very gloves and handbag, only to reveal something 'much more interesting' beneath it, when she reached the head of the catwalk !!
Visitors were invited to have a look through racks of good quality clothes before the fashion show took off, and at the end of the evening after the raffle and biscuit competition, we were invited to take a look at the swap rails. What a brilliant idea this is... you can bring along up to 3 garments worthy of exchanging and take home 3 that you prefer. Result !!.... I do wish I had taken something along myself to use as currency.
All the hard work of organising the event fell onto the shoulders of Angharad Barlow who brilliantly runs the clothes store at Proper Job. Last time I was in there, I picked up a pair of shoes for young Nancy, a tie for one of my older pals and a good working jumper for Rob.
Angharad asked me to go along and 'take a few pictures. Elizabeth was home for the weekend, so she took Rob's camera, and between us we ended up with over 900 shots.
Elizabeth had a pleasant surprise. She bumped into Chloe, one of the kids she used to babysit when she was a teenager.
That's my Elizabeth on the left sporting the pink hair, and these days Chloe is a married lady !
I wish you could have been there, it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment