Saturday 19 September 2009

Before I forget .....





... I meant to tell you about the wonderful wedding celebrations that we covered in Chagford recently.
Masked ball theme in a very pretty setting. Nip on to http://www.jillpendleton.co.uk/ to see a few more shots, but I am having to hold back on showing you any more as a magazine will be having exclusive rights to some of the pictures and that's not been sorted yet.... I have made the most wonderful selection of photos to go into the album which is now on order.... will let you have the link once all the legals are out of the way.

No doubt I and a million other women who will never get to ballroom dance again in our lives will be back at the box again to see the 2nd instalment of Strictly come Dancing. I watched part one last night and felt grieved on Arlene Phillip's behalf. She was sacked and we have Alesha Dixon as a replacement. BUT it is clear that what she knows about dancing could be written on a postcard compared with the enormous amount of dancing knowledge that Arlene has.
All this for a younger audience ???? What cheek. I'd like to bet that there are far more of us over 50's loyally watching each shimmer of sequins and glide across the ballroom than young 'uns. and anyway wouldn't we prefer the professional observations and suggestions of Arlene to those of the limited Alesha ? - "Well I liked it, it was nice" as a role model to our kids ? This is a professional show and thousands of would be young dancers enjoy the show for the expertise that Arlene has in spades.
Maybe I should start a petition to bring Arlene back.....hang on a minute, I will see if there is any such thing already showing on the web .....
......
Yes !!!! Brilliant. I had better copy the above and add it to my signature on this petition. Let me find the website for you....... It's http://petition.co.uk/bring_back_arlene_phillips_to_strictly how about that ?
If you agree with me, then please add your comment too

Ain't the Internet clever..... ?
Too clever for me. I'm off to bake a sponge cake and pick some of my runner beans.
Rob's having a bit of an off colour day so I made him stay in bed all morning and now I am going to find
him a Top Gear to sit in front of. That should cheer him up..... Mind you I loathe that opinionated Jeremy Clarkson. Funny how they never show you his lower torso. He has got the worse knocked knees I have seen for a long time. Maybe it's in his contract that they never show you him walking away from the camera..... Am I being catty or what...... ?
Sorry chaps.
Cheerio again..... JP





No comments:

Post a Comment