Monday 26 March 2012

My monthly hits up by 64.5% shows much interest in UK holidays

A check on 24th Feb to 24th March figures this morning shows a huge increase of 64% in page views on last year's figures.
Hopefully this means that the British holidaymaker is considering staying in the UK for his holiday this year....
No race to the airport
No fretting on the way - on the motorways, Underground, airport car parks.
No passport to worry about.
No money to be exchanged.
No long waits in the airport lounge.
No airport taxes.
No worries about using your credit cards abroad at extortionate prices
No sitting next to someone with bad breath for a 4 hour+ flight.
No airport passport control at the other end. (I was once pulled aside and interrogated for 10 minutes by a very aggressive woman security officer on arrival at Chicago for having a paperweight for my Aunty Sue in my suitcase. They had seen it on the screen as a possible hand grenade. I suggested that I just open the bag to show them, but I think they thought I was a suicide bomber. It was not pleasant.)
No foreign language to battle with.
No foreign food for your tummy to manage.
No embarrassing Brit yobs showing you up unless you are in the wrong place here!
I could go on and on.....

Do yourself a huge favour - take a British holiday this year and discover some totally stunning parts of this country.
Such as Dartmoor !!!

1 comment:

  1. Agree 100%. Love the old saying, East, West, Home's Best ...
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete