Thursday 10 February 2011

Secret destination coming up

One of my good pals is taking me out for lunch "to a secret destination" today with instructions not to wear my wellies. Which is code speak for "do try to make an effort!"
Which is tricky right now because I put on far too much weight over the festive season, and you know what the weather has been like, and I've had a cold, and cough and too much time at the blessed computer ....blah blah blah....
Anyway getting to bed early last night and Rob in another bedroom because he now has my cough, I though I'd try on a couple of things in readiness for the occasion. Three hours later as Janice Long was signing off for the night at 2, found me in the middle of 3 clothing piles.
Charity shop, bin and sewing attention. and frankly not a great deal closer to a decision on what might make me look half tidy, and young, and trendy ....... with the inevitable result that when I took breakfast this morning, I had only a meagre amount of shreddies and half a dry Ryvita instead of a thick wedge of buttered toast, before taking Topsy off down the road in the rain for a 'good walk'. Ok ok I know it's all a bit last minute. Not even me thinks that in the space of 4 hours I can do anything to shift the excess, but its' a wake up call isn't it?
I have to be ready in under an hour, so I will run, yes run up the stairs now and take some care with my hair make-up in the vain hope that it draws the eye away from the crepey neck.
FAT CHANCE !
I shall take the camera of course. This may be a place that I can write a food review.
Let's hope the slimmer's salad is sitting under a nice fat fresh crab, and that they have cooked the mains in olive oil and I can see something not too fattening on the dessert menu...
What's that you say ? I should be sticking to just one course and drinking slimline tonic without a gin in it ?
Are you Mad ?
Get real.
HAVE YOU EVER MET ME ?
More later.

Maybe if I wear a scarf at my neck ?......

No comments:

Post a Comment