Wednesday 15 December 2010

Nancy for 2 days, work abandoned, who cares ?

Here she is the light of our lives. Little Miss Nancy Noodle.
Here with Granny and Grandad for 2 nights so that her Mummy Jennifer, now 7 months pregnant with baby number 2 can have a breathing space. So, the house is in even more chaos than usual, mealtimes are not to schedule and at 5 in the evening I feel ready to drop.
The only thing that I managed to do is keep up with e-mail, which is important at the moment as proofs for our new birthday card range arrived earlier today. 6 designs to sell online.
Tom the website wonder will be back in on Friday, and we should be getting a new website underway for ordering greetings cards and pictures with our Dartmoor photos.
That plus making Christmas cards that I do each year. So far, I have 52 completed and now that we are underway, it shouldn't take too long to sort out the rest. Each year it is a tree theme with 100% recycled materials. This year I found a fabulous size 20 ladies dress at Proper Job the re-cycle centre in Chagford, and I have picked off all the dozens of sequins that adorned the bodice, and cut out the sewn in petticoat that gave me yards of black netting ... all good stuff, and the dress is still ok for the dressing up box.
As for a present for Nancy, I feel very strongly that she has far too many toys, so she will be getting new knickers, new tights and a large bag of dog biscuits that can go into a special ' Nancy only' tin for giving to Topsy each time she comes to see us.
I had better be off now, because it was suggested to us by a certain 2 year old, that sausages might be a good idea for dinner tonight, so I need to mix and egg, some milk and water into batter for toad in the hole, and of course that will need some onion gravy, to go with the sprouts, carrots and roast parsnips.
I should have composed a piece all about Dartmoor Accommodation and how marvellous all our accommodation providers are, but the Granny in me is having such a lovely time, and now Rob and Nancy have started to decorate the Christmas tree, so it will all have to wait for another time.
Season's greetings everyone....
Oh and the picture ? Well it's son in law Ben's birthday on Friday and I didn't have a suitable birthday card for him .... but I have now !!

No comments:

Post a Comment