Monday 12 October 2009

the magic of conkers


Nancy came to stay overnight and we were keen to take her for an Autumn walk ...
In the lane we found a thousand conkers to kick. She's at that lovely age where she can master 3 words together. So although I am always referred to in adult language as Granny, she came out with 'Nancy conker Nanny' which made perfect sense to me.. bearing in mind that she can't quite make the GR sound at the start of Granny.
Do notice the handsome beads that we are both wearing.... click the photos to see them large. I always wear something round my neck and she often makes a move to filch it from me. So earlier on I had offered her one or two strings of beads to distract her during nappy change, and she insisted that I wear at least 2 strings of beads myself. So it ended up with me setting forth slightly overdressed for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment