Tuesday 13 December 2011

home made Christmas cards for the last time maybe....


If you usually get a home made Christmas card from me, don't be too sure of one this year.
We are both suffering with coughs and colds and everything that requires effort or thought is taking roughly three times as long as usual to carry out.
I've been making my own cards for over 20 years now, and for at least 19 of those I have bleated out "Never again" and "Why do I bother?" "No-one appreciates them do they?" and this year what with the sniffs and the blinking gold pen running out on day two, I'm a prime candidate for that Grumpy Old Women show on the telly.
But then the postman brings a dear little home made card from our youngest nephew full of glue and glitter that we know is largely put together by his Mummy, someone sends a card saying "looking forward to this year's card" and my elderly neighbour asks "have you got the cards made yet ?" and I set off with firm resolve.
You will see from the row above that there is a special in the line-up because Nancy told me that she wanted a snowman with a red hat on her card, so there he is the little beauty, with his arms made of dead lavender stems.
Everyone else, this is what you'll be getting, just as soon as I manage to purchase a new gold pen.
If I can't find one in Chagford tonight on the late night shopping night, then it might have to wait until we make it into Exeter in the New Year.
In the meantime.... season's best all round.
Jill
"What do you mean the Christmas tree lights don't work ? Rob you can build rallye cars. Surely a few little skimpy bulbs can't defeat you ?"
"No thanks, I don't want to ******* well try it myself !"

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Jilly, I'll always be here to make the envelopes for you.
    Happy Christmas my love.

    ReplyDelete